Weather Delay

Posted on

[fergcorp_cdt]

 

Because of the weather forecast, I have decided that the safety of the crew and the boat are of the utmost  importance and because there is a forecast of gale force winds with gusts of up to 40 mph and waves in the 10 ft area, its not a safe thing to do…so We are delaying the trip for 24 hours at this point and are going to reassess the situation tomorrow.  Here is a quick look at the weather data…

 

Screen Shot 2014-05-05 at 6.40.07 PM

 

Tuesday morning the wind goes from big to wild…then goes to 30 mph with gusts to 40.  Wave height is 9 feet with an 8 second interval.  If we went we would be miserable.  So we can wait a day, its forecast to be 4 feet waves and 15 mph winds.  Much better for sailing.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *